They may be small in size. However, Yorkshire Terriers are big when it comes to personality. They can be a feisty but loving companion. Did you know that according to the American Kennel Club or AKC, Yorkshire Terriers are among the most popular dog breed in the US? Due to their elegant looks, their devotion to their owners plus their suitability to apartment living, Yorkies has won the hearts of many dog owners not just in the US but also in other parts of the globe.
What You Need To Know About Yorkshire Terriers
You may think you know everything about your Yorkie. However, you might think again. Below is a short video that shows some things you might not know about your Yorkie. Watch and see how well you know your Yorkie.
Some facts about Yorkies
- Crate-training is recommended for Yorkshire Terriers since they are known for being too difficult to housetrain.
- Most Yorkies don’t like the cold weather, especially when they are damp or in damp areas.
- Yorkshire Terriers tend to retain their puppy teeth up until they reach five months. Retained tooth can contribute to decayed tooth in not treated properly. If you notice that an adult tooth is trying to come in, but your Yorkie’s baby tooth is still there, make sure to take them to the vet.
- Yorkies can be picky eaters. Aside from this, they also have a delicate digestive system. If, when eating or after eating, your Yorkie shows sign of discomfort, take them immediately to the vet for a check-up.
- Yorkshire terriers always like to think that they are big dogs even though they aren’t. If they are trying to pick a fight with other big dogs, make sure they are under control.
Do you have other things or tips to share about Yorkies? We would love to hear your thoughts. Write your comment below.